You are here
You are here
Rossman School is currently seeking candidates for the following positions. Click a link to learn more.
Rossman School is currently seeking a strategic thinker and creative communicator to serve as its director of marketing and communications. Acting as Rossman’s brand manager and institutional storyteller, the director of marketing and communications ensures that all marketing and communications materials and initiatives reflect and support the ethos, mission and strategic objectives of the school. The director of marketing and communications develops, manages and measures an annual integrated marketing and communications plan that drives goals in admission, development and other constituent engagement.
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful leader, a valuable team member and a lifelong learner. The director of marketing and communications reports to the head of school and is an integral part of the administrative team. The director of marketing and communications serves as an ambassador for the school and enhances the school community by actively building relationships with faculty and staff, students, parents, alumni, and supporters. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
● School Leadership
- Lead a fiscally responsible communications and marketing department of one, that serves as an in-house agency for execution of strategic and creative practices across the school’s initiatives, programs and events
- Engage in creative brainstorming, problem-solving and teamwork as a member of the administrative team; participate in strategic planning and re-accreditation process
- Support admission and development activities, as well as school and Parents’ Club-sponsored programming
- Develop and manage all aspects of Rossman’s internal and external communications and marketing, advancing the school’s mission and increasing engagement with key stakeholders
- Develop messages and materials that capture the spirit and happenings of the school in authentic and compelling ways
- Formulate and execute print and digital advertising campaigns to support admission initiatives
- Develop and execute a robust inbound marketing strategy to support key admission goals
- Manage and plan marketing budget
- Manage relationships, coordinate and collaborate with external vendors, marketing partners, photographers, designers, and printing firms
● Internal Communications
- Manage overall e-communications schedule for the school, including weekly newsletter, blog articles, event publicity and special announcements
- In collaboration with other administrators, develop key messages for multiple constituencies such as fundraising solicitation materials and alumni event publicity
- Ensure communication quality and consistency across various functions of the school
- Coordinate and promote annual online spiritwear sale
● Design and Publications
- Create content, design, edit and oversee production of the school’s print and digital publications, including newsletters, brochures, flyers, mailings, yearbook, Buzz Book, spiritwear, signage, website news, etc.
● Website and Social Media
- Design, write and manage content for the Rossman School website, and serve as project manager for the school’s website redesign (to launch summer 2022)
- Analyze website data to determine effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies
- Display knowledge of best practices and trends in social media while managing all aspects of the school’s social media strategies, including planning, creating, posting and analyzing content for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and future channels
● Brand Management
- Serve as guardian of Rossman’s institutional image and branding
- Advance the Rossman School brand identity and broaden awareness of its academic program across all media and audiences
- Ensure messaging and graphics enhance the Rossman mission and style guidelines are adhered to throughout the school; develop graphics as needed
● Publicity and Media Relations
- Direct strategic publicity for special events that enhance the school’s visibility and affinity among its constituent groups, including prospective families, current families, alumni and friends
- Write and distribute press releases; cultivate relations with local media
● Photography and Videography
- Attend and photograph school events
- Produce videos to support goals in admission, development and community engagement.
- Maintain the school photo archive
Desired Expertise and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications; nonprofit experience preferred
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven creativity and extensive graphic design experience, preferably with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of website content management systems and email marketing software; basic understanding of HTML, SEO, and Google Analytics
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Storytelling abilities executable in photo and video, with strong knowledge or experience in video production and story-boarding; video editing experience a plus
- Skilled in branding and inbound marketing techniques
- Flexibility and creativity in a fast moving work environment; demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to think strategically about communications objectives and how to meet those objectives
- Self starter with the ability to establish and execute priorities with minimum direction or instruction
- Strong proficiency in technology applications including Google Apps
- Astute attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with other area independent schools and an applicant’s experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jen Kaiser at email@example.com with “Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
Rossman School is seeking energetic and responsible substitute teachers who enjoy working with children. Responsibilities begin at 7:45 a.m. through dismissal at 3:15 p.m. The substitute’s job is to enable each student to learn in the absence of the regular teacher in a positive, kind environment.
- Bachelors degree in education or a related field
- Experience working with children
Please email a resume to Jordan Andes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rossman School is seeking an energetic and responsible part-time employee for our Extended Day Program. This program runs Monday-Friday from 3:00pm-5:30pm during the school year. There is flexibility in scheduling employee work days. Extended Day employees have the opportunity to work with students ranging in grade level between Junior Kindergarten to 6th Grade. Employees help guide students with homework and projects while using creativity to facilitate structured and unstructured play. Employees are also expected to communicate clearly with students, staff, and Rossman Faculty. Rossman has several health and safety procedures in place as COVID-19 mitigation strategies to support the wellbeing of students and faculty.
● A joy and appreciation for working with children
● Prior experience in education or child care is preferred
● A positive attitude and enthusiastic energy
● Reliability and flexibility
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
● Maintain a nurturing, safe, and healthy learning environment
Please contact Jordan Andes at email@example.com with your resume, contact information and statement of interest.